The “School” page acts as a portal to LIFE-IP AdaptInGR activities intended for schools and teachers. It specifically offers:
- Access to the LIFE-IP AdaptInGR teachers’ kit for climate change adaptation. Teachers are able to download the LIFE-IP AdaptInGR teachers’ kit from the “Library” section of the website. This educational package could be used either in environmental education programmes or as additional material in the rest of the courses. The material is tailored for teachers in primary and secondary education and seeks to provide them the knowledge and tools to integrate adaptation into their schools’ curricula. The kit first introduces the theoretical framework for understanding climate change, including the concepts of climate mitigation and adaptation. It then proposes educational activities that challenge students to collectively identify the reasons behind the problem and suggest ways to adapt to new climate.
- Announced dates and venues for the 16 training seminars for teachers across the 13 Regions of Greece. The 6-year-long training programme starts in October 2019 and aims not only to raise teachers’ awareness of climate change impacts and of urgency to adapt to climate change, but also to promote methods to integrate this knowledge into school’s daily routine. Teaches will be able to find information on the dates, venues, agendas and application process at the “Events” section of the website.
- Updates on «Youth Adapts» campaign. LIFE-IP AdaptInGR will produce educational material for pupils between 7 and 17 years. The material shall be distributed and taught in selected schools across Greece. The campaign will be continuously monitored in terms of performance and effectiveness, so as to fine-tune the overall design and implementation. Furthermore, the material targeting higher age groups will be properly adapted to form part of adult life-long education programmes on major environmental issues. Teachers will be able to stay up to date on «Youth Adapts» and download the respective educational material at the “News” and “Library” sections of the website respectively.
- Announcement on the LIFE-IP AdaptInGR school competitions. Details of the two nationwide school competitions organised within LIFE-IP AdaptInGR will be published on the “News” section of the website. In these competitions, pupils will be asked to make artistic creations inspired by climate change. The first school competition is scheduled for school year 2020-2021.
- Information on climate change adaptation. Schools and teachers will be able to directly access the national adaptation hub, which aims to act as a gateway to adaptation information. A beta release of the hub is planned for late 2020.
Possibility to subscribe to the LIFE-IP AdaptInGR newsletter. Teachers could subscribe to the project newsletter and stay up to date on LIFE-IP AdaptInGR activities.